Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Word Debt

One of my goals for May was to finish a writing project I've been working on for about ever.  The goal was to write 1667 words per day starting on May 15th.  It's May 19th, and I'm already in word debt.  How many words you ask?  Well, as of yesterday....1936...and I have yet to write anything today.  Seriously, I had no idea just how much time teaching 101 would take out of my schedule during the first session.  I really did think I'd have plenty of time to write, read, and teach.  But oddly I've really only had time to do the latter.  So, here I am in word debt.  

UPDATE:  It's Saturday and I'm not in as much word debt as I was when I woke up this morning (7100 words, give or take).  Wrote almost 4800 words and I'm super excited.  I might be able to finish this little project by my May 31st deadline after all!  Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: