Sunday, May 24, 2009

This Week's Reading Promises

OK.  So I wasn't so good at keeping my reading promises for this last week.  I have two short stories by Katherine Mansfield left to read and have not finished Howards End or read Molloy.  But, I did manage to read 8 short stories by Mansfield and I also read Samuel Beckett's "Waiting for Godot" and Tom Stoppard's "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead", both of which are on my lists so perhaps I'll just look at this week as a wash?  Yes, I think I will.  It's a much more positive POV!

Anyway, this week's promises are as follows (I am putting it in schedule form for me, so that I'll be able to judge my progress all week):

Sunday - The Playboy of the Western World - J.M. Synge
Monday - "At the Bay" & "Prelude" - Katherine Mansfield
Tuesday - "Mr. Bennett & Mrs. Brown" (re-read) & "Modern Fiction" - Virginia Woolf
Wednesday - "Tradition and Individual Talent" & "Hamlet" & "The Metaphysical Poets" - T. S. Eliot
Thursday - Endgame - Samuel Beckett

the bonus selection (i.e., wouldn't it be great to get all of the above read plus this too?!) - E.M. Forster's A Room with a View - in other words, it's not really a part of my promises but well, I'd love to be able to check it off the list this week.

So all that's left to say is ready...set...go!

No comments: