Friday, October 23, 2009

It's Raining

One might think that the title of this blog post is a mini-homage to the book I finished last week, Jodi Picoult's My Sister's Keeper.  in the last section of her book, all the narratives begin with those words--it's raining.  but alas, that assumption would be wrong.  it's raining here, and it's making me very sleepy and just generally disinterested in doing anything at all except staring at my eyelids.

for the last five days i was supposed to have been working on my dissertation prospectus.  "supposed to" being the key words there, since i haven't gotten much done other than thinking of four general ideas that maybe each chapter could be about and some very superficial thinking on what primary texts i could use in my dissertation.  that's it.  so i'm thinking that today, i'm going to go home, take a nap, then go for coffee and do some work for a couple of hours, so that when i really sit down to work tomorrow i'll have (hopefully) at least a tiny bit to work with instead of a tabula rasa.

No comments: