Wednesday, July 22, 2009

It's All OK

here's the thing.  i managed to get out of bed and out of my apartment before 10am this morning. i even have a couple of books with me to read, but i'm not even going to pretend to try to read them.  i have to take my car in to the service shop at 11am, and with only an hour to work and e-mails and tweets to return and read, i knew the moment i sat down that no reading was going to be taking place.  but that's okay.  

whatever funk i was in on monday i think i have gotten out of.  yesterday didn't yield any work or check marks as far as reading for exams goes, but i did get a lot of good work done on my 101 class for the fall.  i've drafted the assignment sheet for the group project/presentation as well as the individual informative reports i'm going to have my students do/write for omnivore's dilemma, and i even know when in the semester the presentations will be happening.  it's going to be great, because for almost two weeks my students will be teaching class, not me.  and it's timed well because during those two weeks i'll be needing to revise the paper i'm going to read at PAMLA.  

and i woke up this morning with renewed determination to get my reading done done done.  i have no idea where all this optimism has come from, but maybe at long last i finally had a good night's worth of sleep last night.  i didn't wake up all exhausted and stressed.  maybe taking a day off from work also helped, though i did read placement exams yesterday morning so it wasn't an all day play day. at any rate, i don't necessarily need to know where all the good vibes have come from, i'll just worry about keeping them and making them work in my favor.

No comments: