Friday, June 5, 2009

Wasting a Little Time

well, i'm just sitting here in the coffee shop wasting a little time before i have to leave to catch the bus to campus, so i thought i'd blog a little.  just finished grading some papers, which wasn't very good for my outlook on my own teaching this summer but at the same time, i had a great chat with the AD of composition yesterday and she helped me to gain some perspective.  so at least i'm not all worked up and upset like i was earlier in the week.  i guess this is a good thing and will work on accepting those things i cannot change (read: student attitudes).  i have learned some great lessons from teaching this summer that i can take with me into the fall, and for that i'm thankful.

the goal for today is to catch up on all the personal things i need to do that i have been putting off all week.  pay some bills, balance the checkbook, run some errands, etc.  then perhaps a head start on my grading so that i can get some work done on my reading promises as well as some writing over the weekend (luckily, at the moment, i don't have word debt! i'm actually in the black.  what a sweet bonus).  i should also call my mother.  i can't remember the last time i talked to her.  i'm surprised she hasn't called me actually.  so i'll make my weekly check-in and see what's happening in the hot town of wallis.  

i'm realizing that i'm hungry, with no plans for how i'm going to eat before class.  that was an error in judgment.  

No comments: