Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Reading...Some Progress Has Been Made

well, since my last post, I have actually done a very tiny amount of reading.  I have read all of the following as of this moment:

"Modern Fiction" - Virginia Woolf
"Mr. Bennett & Mrs. Brown" - Virginia Woolf
"Romanticism and Classicism" - T. E. Hulme
The Playboy of the Western World - J. M. Synge

And I have started to read Molloy by Samuel Beckett but i only got about 50 pages into it last night because stream of consciousness novels just kill me.  it took me about 10 pages to get into the rhythm of it but i'm having a hard time picking it back up.  so, i think i'm going to put it on hold and read something else, because well, there are three stacks of books on my fireplace hearth right now, all crying out for my attention.  and, i feel like i need to make the most out of this desire i have to get some reading done while it's still burning hot.  so i'm off to read read read and will report back later with what i hope will be more progress.

No comments: