Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tuesday's Rant

Apparently, I am ready to do anything other than finish my Victorian seminar paper.  Including blogging.  I mean, does anyone else find it suspicious that I have blogged twice in the last week but I hadn't blogged twice in the last 3 months?  But, I do have to admit that there's finally enough pressure for me to actually get myself in gear and focus on the paper.  And I think I know where I'm taking it.  Albeit, I am in for a lot more revision than I initially intended, but, well, what else is new?

My rant is in regard to teaching.  It's hard to be a TA for a class where you have some teaching responsibilities, and some grading responsibilities, and some administrative responsibilities, but no final decision on anything.  Over the last five months I have learned that I very much like to be the sole authority in the classroom--what I mean is, I like having the final decision.  I dislike having to ask for permission.  I can't wait until I have my own class again in the summer.  Which is actually in less than three weeks, so I really ought to get started on planning my readings and assignments.  Of course, that will just have to wait until I finish both of my seminar papers.  Oddly, that brings me back to needing to work on my Victorian paper.  Right now in fact!

1 comment:

sanrac said...

agreed re: teaching alone vs. TA-ing.
although, it's kind of nice not to have the pressure there, although i don't think nice enough to compensate for everything that sucks about it.